Friday, August 20, 2010

Building a House in Ballenita, Ecuador

This is the house my father is building in Ballenita, Ecuador near Salinas. It has 4 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, and coastal views from every room in the house. It’s still about a month away from being finished, but you can see the general idea here.

He has incorporated a lot of natural materials into the home like rustic stone walls and beautiful wooden beams in the ceilings.


This particular house is designed with high ceilings and large windows to let in tons of natural light, but also built to catch the sea breeze so the house will be kept cool naturally and keep the air conditioning costs at a minimum.


When it's finished it will have an outdoor oven and bar to enjoy the perfect Ecuadorian weather, which I’m pretty much all about. Margaritas, anyone?






4 comments:

  1. Great house in a great place as Ballenita! We loved it while we were in Salinas. There're some nice photos and review of Salinas here: http://www.hoteltraveltour.com/ecuador/salinas-santa-elena.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. BEAUTIFUL!I am also a crazy cat lady but am in my forties and looking for the perfect place to buy a great retirement home! I am considering Equador but the only people I have been able to speak with about it are realtors so I don't feel like I get honest information. Can you tell me the area's that are great? I LOVE the water and want to be able to look at it EVERYDAY from my home. I like local people & local food. I like to be able to walk to restaurants and bars and beach. Where do you reccomend for me?? Thanks, Steph

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read a article under the same title some time ago, but this articles quality is much, much better. How you do this.. Services

    ReplyDelete
  4. Best work you have done, this online website is really cool with great facts.
    Senior Living

    ReplyDelete